In News

Image: Crowd on the scene in Selat. Credit: selat-buleleng.desa.id

A tragic accident occurred on Jalan Singaraja-Wanagiri on Sunday at around 2pm when a motorcycle, which was ridden by an Indian family, went off the road and fell down a cliff near Selat Village. It was reported that three of the family members died and one is in a critical condition.

The family wanted to go to Singaraja from Denpasar and rented a motorcycle, which was driven by Hemanth Kuma Kannaya, 38. He rode the motorcycle with his wife, Laxmi Pandripili, 34, and their two children, Nibhish Subramanya Hemanth, 3, and Rujula Hemanth, 6.  They wanted to visit Lovina and they used Google Maps as their guide.

The application showed the route via Selat Village being shorter than the Gigit Village route. When they were passing through the village, it was suspected that Hemanth Kuma could not control the motorcycle at a bend in the road.

When the road made the bend, he didn’t turn and went straight into the forest. Then the motorcycle went over the cliff and fell 16 meters, eventually stopping after hitting a tree. Hemanth Kuma, Laxmi Pandripilli, and Nibish Subramanya died when they arrived in Parama Sidhi Hospital. Meanwhile, Rujula Hemanth is still in a critical condition with several bruises on her body.

The Head of Buleleng Traffic Police, Commissioner Putu Diah Kurniawandari, said that the Selat Village road is dangerous. There were many accidents there, especially with people who drove automatic motorcycles and didn’t know the topography. “We still investigate the cause, but there were many accidents at the same location in the past, especially with those who didn’t know the topography,” she said to jawapos.com.

Police are coordinating with the Indian General Consulate in Denpasar.

Showing 14 comments
  • Divya

Hemanth was my colleague. Truly shocking

• Sindhu Pillai

Am socked.. He was my colleague too.. Rest peace hemant

• rudraswamy

Hemanth is my Neighbor any help needed let us know, my contact no. 8861290399. We miss him a lot,RIP.

• Hery

i’m so sorry for your loss. may they rest in peace. i think the India Consulate in Bali already taking care of them according to local news. this accident quite make attention in facebook. this is the link: but I warn you these pictures quite disturbing. https://www.facebook.com/yudi.trisna.79/posts/1151560218325632

• janardhana

RIP:

• Shiba P R

Rujula is my Bharathanatyam student
    It’s truly shocking .

• Utkarsh Kumar

May the soul rest in peace. The loss is irreplaceable for us. The thought and prayer are with his family during this difficult time

• Abraham

Rip. My best buddy hemanth.

• Sukamal Talukder

RIP

• Shekar svdc

May their souls rest in peace

• Mrinal Sharma

I’m soo shocked to hear this tragic news ! Rujjula is Bharatnattyam classmate of my 6yr old daughter.. Her parent’s faces r so fresh in my memory.. very sad news, very very sad news..

• K.Raghawan Pillay

May their soul rest in peace… and
    may the Almighhty God save and protect their daughter Rujula.. GOD bless us all..

• Dinesh

He was part of the first team that I managed. A very good team player and an awesome human being. May he rest in peace.

• Shudeep Kumar k

Hello All, I’m Shudeep, brother of Hemanth. Rujula the lone survivor in this accident is back home and rejuvenating well.
    Iv received extensive support from all and I just hope my niece gets well soon.
    Thank you all for your prayers.
    Iv not words to express the loss I had. However, life moves on. But the memories of my brother is still fresh in my head.
    I would like to thank the cops at BALI and the doctors who helped us by keeping rujula healthy in my absence.
    ANZ and IBM as a company had supported us at its best by helping me get the mortal remains and my niece back home.
    Thank you all.