In News

A promotional billboard for a prominent online travel company was nowhere to be seen on Sanur Beach on Wednesday (20/9) having previously attracted complaints from the local community.

However, as reported by Jawa Pos, until now it is still unclear which party issued the permits related to the installation of the billboard that clearly violated the Denpasar Mayoral Regulations.

Head of the Denpasar Civil Service Police Unit, Ida Bagus Alit Wiradarma said the sign which was violating Denpasar Mayor’s Regulation was dismantled by the owners.

“It was dismantled by the owner two days ago (Monday, 18/9) at night. This means it was dismantled before the deadline that had been given,” said Alit.

In order to avoid similar violations, Alit called on all concerned parties to conduct their own supervision. “So if there was a similar violation it could be passed on to us. What we expect is cooperation from all parties,” he said.

Alit said the Civil Service Police Unit would certainly have dismantled the billboard, but because it was dismantled by the owner, this was not needed. “The site is clean,” he said.

Asked if there would be any action taken against the owner of the sign, Alit responded, “The Civil Service Police Unit is in charge if there is a violation. It will take action. Now it has been dismantled what else can we do?” said Alit.

As reported previously, Vice Chairman of the Denpasar Regional House of Representatives, Wayan Mariyana Wandhira said the installation of the billboard on Sanur Beach clearly violated the Mayor’s Regulation.

He explained in the rules of Mayoral Regulation no. 3, year 2014, precisely Article 6 on the arrangement of tourism billboards, Sanur Beach is classified as a non-commercial area.

 

Image: Tripadvisor

Leave a Reply